by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 12, 2011
There are new data on the damage that might be caused by styling techniques popular among black women.
by Grace Salvant onJanuary 7, 2009
How my box braids kept me out of a waitressing job in a rapidly gentrifying America. Also on TheRoot.com, another writer explains why he decided, after 13 years, to cut off his locks.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt