April 20, 2011
On the anniversary of the BP oil spill, an NAACP investigation reveals major holes in the recovery process.
by Lynette Holloway onApril 18, 2011
A year after a rig explosion sent millions of barrels of oil gushing into the Gulf of Mexico, thousands await payment of their claims for lost income.
by Brentin Mock onApril 18, 2011
On the anniversary of the Gulf oil spill, all is not well for the people or the environment of the Gulf. The oil may be gone, but the damage remains, says a Gulf-restoration advocate.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life