by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 16, 2011
Operation People for Peace sent a delegation to the U.K. to demand oil-spill compensation for African Americans in the Gulf of Mexico.
September 2, 2010
Less than a month after the closure of the disastrous Deepwater Horizon oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico, a new oil rig explosion just west of BP’s failed well has injured one man.
July 27, 2010
BP makes use of Louisiana inmates to clean up mess.
July 21, 2010
Experts worry that a tropical storm could disrupt work at the site.
July 9, 2010
Workers of color tend to be assigned the most physically difficult, lowest paying jobs, with the most significant exposure to toxins.
by Stanley Crouch onJune 18, 2010
There are advantages to the relentless, 24-hour news cycle of our celebrity-obsessed media. Sometimes the bad guys get their due.
June 16, 2010
BP agrees to $20 billion escrow fund to compensate beleaguered Gulf Coast region.
June 15, 2010
Though the president prefaced things by saying he intended to "lay out ... our battle plan," actually, aside from a few minor details most everyone already knew, the speech was vague and defensive at best, ill-informed at worst.
June 14, 2010
It’s necessary for our cars, our agribusiness, our cosmetics, our air conditioning, our computers and practically everything in between, and to say that we’re too reliant on it has become such a constant refrain that it almost sounds like nagging.
June 9, 2010
More oil is spilled in Nigeria each year than has been lost in the Gulf.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: By pleading the fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The graphic details documented by onlookers spread quickly on social media.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life