February 12, 2009
Nikki Giovanni on love's antidote. Steve Harvey on acting like a lady and thinking like a man. Here are eleven great stories on love and relationships.
by Faith Adiele onFebruary 12, 2009
Just in time for Valentine's Day, novelist Marita Golden has compiled an anthology that celebrates love in all its glory. An excerpt from 'It’s All Love: Black Writers on Soul Mates, Family, & Friends.'
by Kate Tuttle onDecember 18, 2008
Fourteen hot reads to go wherever summer takes you.
December 16, 2008
What to read while the leaves are falling.
December 11, 2008
Books are fool-proof gifts. There really is a book for everyone and especially for the person who has everything. To get you started, here are some ideas for adults, young people and children.
by Lori Tharps onNovember 30, 2008
What many authors of color, myself included, are hoping for is much more personal. Will a black president help me, a black writer?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today