by Demetria L. Lucas onFebruary 23, 2012
Ask Demetria: It's easy to point fingers at Whitney's ex, but ultimately, she chose her own path.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onFebruary 22, 2012
A Houston family lawyer says that the singer's invitation to the funeral came with rules he didn't abide by.
February 18, 2012
Family, friends, fans, exes and stars came out Saturday, Feb. 18, to pay their final respects.
February 18, 2012
Update: He releases a statement about what happened before Whitney Houston's funeral.
by Genetta M. Adams onNovember 16, 2011
With the 39th annual edition set to air Sunday, here are some highlights from shows past.
by Akoto Ofori-Atta onJuly 29, 2011
There was a time when vocal groups ruled, from the Temptations to TLC. No more. What happened?
September 29, 2009
Bobby Brown has been vilified for everything, but in total, he didn't seem like such a bad guy. Just a good guy who made some bad choices.
September 18, 2009
Whitney Houston wanted to be a good wife, so she took up all of her husband's interests: gardening ... foosball ... smoking crack cocaine. Uh-huh. Something about that doesn't jibe.
September 14, 2009
So the Cliff Notes version of Whitney’s world premiere, super-duper exclusive with Oprah, timed to coordinate with Whitney’s new CD, "I Look To You": Yes, Bobby really was as toxic a husband as he appeared to be. (But she really, really, really loved him.)
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods