January 6, 2010
A Connecticut senator is doing what's best for America and his party. Hint: It's not Joe Lieberman.
September 29, 2009
The Public option for health reform died in the Senate today, to no surprise--the very definition was still subject to a fierce, often comic, semantic battle. Sen. Rockefeller tried calling it a “consumer choice plan,” while Michigan Democrat Debbie Stabenow named it a “grand compromise.” Sen. Robert Menendez (D-NJ) flipped the phrase to explain it as “an option for the public.” They all failed.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’