by Topher Sanders onJuly 4, 2011
A recent study of women convicted of crimes shows that dark-complexioned blacks serve more time in jail.
by John McWhorter onMay 17, 2011
Raising moral issues about mass incarceration will not work. Let's argue that halting it will, at last, end their white guilt about the "black problem."
April 6, 2011
It's not just fairness -- although more black men are in jail than were slaves in 1850. The cost is driving states to bankruptcy.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt