by Rebecca Carroll onApril 4, 2012
Daily Beast writer Rebecca Carroll looks at the race relations depicted on America's favorite drama, Mad Men, and observes that the segregation and disregard of black women on Madison Avenue during the 1960s is not black history -- it's a contemporary truth.
by John McWhorter onMarch 28, 2012
Given past critiques of black roles on-screen, is there anything the writers can do to make us happy?
September 13, 2011
Madison Avenue has not always been welcoming, but these people made their mark anyway.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The rapper debuted his new single by projecting the song's video on buildings in New York.
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion