September 17, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Congressional Black Caucus head Emanuel Cleaver says of Obama's stance: "Unquestionably, yes."
by Edmund Newton onMay 21, 2012
Speaking to the press and The Root, the group's leaders dispelled misconceptions about their stance.
May 21, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: The group's endorsement is not about morals or religion; rather, it's about equality under the law.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onMay 7, 2012
Amendment One endangers all civil unions, and its backers are trying to use black people to deny gay rights.
September 23, 2011
At CBC Week, the LGBT activist (and Essence "model") shares what's key to social change.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onApril 19, 2011
With a new "rags to riches" memoir out, the governor tells The Root why he loves teachers, rejects cynicism and thinks blacks should be sensitive to the gay-marriage struggle.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)
- Mike Goodson: NY Jets RB Arrested On Weapons, Drug Charges