by Janelle Harris onFebruary 20, 2013
Contemplating her own history in the church and reports on the increasing number of young people without religious affiliations, Essence's Janelle Harris says she's going to hold on to her beliefs, even if they don't make sense in the eyes of others.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onJanuary 29, 2013
Star Ivy Couch tells The Root that her reality show about pastors' wives has a message for everyone.
by Damon Young onDecember 5, 2012
Very Smart Brothas' Damon Young explains how his experience with his mother's illness has led him to re-evaluate the religious practice.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 28, 2011
Not all black people believe in God.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Memes making fun of the two rage on for hours on Twitter and Instagram.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt