by Janelle Harris onFebruary 20, 2013
Contemplating her own history in the church and reports on the increasing number of young people without religious affiliations, Essence's Janelle Harris says she's going to hold on to her beliefs, even if they don't make sense in the eyes of others.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onJanuary 29, 2013
Star Ivy Couch tells The Root that her reality show about pastors' wives has a message for everyone.
by Damon Young onDecember 5, 2012
Very Smart Brothas' Damon Young explains how his experience with his mother's illness has led him to re-evaluate the religious practice.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 28, 2011
Not all black people believe in God.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966