by Ta-Nehisi Coates onMay 4, 2013
It's hard to accept, but the wealth gap is not a mistake, Ta-Nehisi Coates writes at The Atlantic.
by Ellis Cose onSeptember 20, 2011
Saving the black middle class will require more than Obama's jobs program, says author Ellis Cose.
September 16, 2011
Journal-isms: The Wall Street Journal refuses to change a story describing American Airlines flight attendant Betty Ong as hysterical.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 15, 2011
In today's link roundup: How the recession has widened the racial wealth gap. Plus: Kmart's Public Enemy Ad.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]