by Hillary Crosley onOctober 21, 2012
The former senator helped open the Democratic party to African Americans, leaving a strong legacy.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onOctober 11, 2012
The Clueless actress' GOP endorsement may surprise some, but piling on the hate speech is not the answer.
by Cord Jefferson onSeptember 29, 2010
The party's chairman told The Root why he believes Democrats will retain both houses of Congress in November, at a time when enthusiasm is down even among black voters.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]