January 5, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Executive James D. White is partnering with the White House to create jobs for disadvantaged youths.
by Lynette Holloway onSeptember 3, 2011
Black unemployment surged to its highest level in August since 1984.
by Annette John-Hall onAugust 17, 2011
Philadelphia Inquirer columnist Annette John-Hall asks why the media have not written stories about a group of teens who apologized for their classmates who reportedly beat an innocent man during a flash-mob attack.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]