November 25, 2009
If there’s any particular group that’s suffering most it’s our youth. Why the American Dream is on definite hold for many young black men and women.
November 20, 2009
According to the U.S. Preventive Services Task Force (USPSTF) and the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, I should not worry about getting a mammogram until I turn 50--nearly 30 years from now. The panel also recommends that women get mammograms biannually instead of annually.
October 19, 2009
Newsflash: Not all women want to get married and single women can be happy too.
September 8, 2009
So what if it isn’t exploding with earth-shattering dating revelations?
September 7, 2009
If I didn't know any better I would swear that Jimi was talking to his fellow brothers because when one looks objectively and honestly at the sorry statistics that Jimi sites in his piece--the problem is not with the sisters. Sisters are excelling--they are outperforming--they are handling their business in all aspects of their lives except one--in our relationships with our black men. Why is that?
September 7, 2009
Hill Harper's new book suggests that the problem with black male/female relationships is the lack of communication. What do we need to talk about?
July 2, 2009
Please, Howard Kurtz, illuminate us all...
July 1, 2009
"We're seeing more and more single African-American women who are not finding men. There's a lack of qualified black men to get into relationships with..."
by Salamishah Tillet onJune 3, 2009
The brutal murder of Dr. George Tiller is a tragic reminder that the abortion wars are back. But where are the NAACP and other civil rights organizations in the fight to save a woman’s right to choose?
by Kristen Mack onMay 26, 2009
The snarky, multicultural cast of VH1’s Charm School shows some things never change.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’