by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJuly 22, 2012
Executive Leadership Foundation chair Laysha Ward says the group's goals are attainable.
by Rebecca Carroll onApril 4, 2012
Daily Beast writer Rebecca Carroll looks at the race relations depicted on America's favorite drama, Mad Men, and observes that the segregation and disregard of black women on Madison Avenue during the 1960s is not black history -- it's a contemporary truth.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 23, 2012
During Women's History Month, The Root surveys the accomplishments of 20 black women who became CEOs.
by Harriette Cole onMarch 19, 2012
The author's sister Stephanie Cole Hill is one of the few African-American leaders in her industry.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010