April 5, 2011
One moment during the video launching President Obama's new campaign gave us pause about his message to black voters.
November 22, 2010
Old white wealthy Republican voters came out in droves for the 2010 midterm elections; minorities stayed home.
October 26, 2010
The White House’s last-minute push for black voters continued today, with senior advisor to the president Valerie Jarrett taking questions from black media during a conference call scheduled by the DNC.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onOctober 25, 2010
The R&B singer asks "if you're out there" still and down with Obama and the Democrats in 2010.
October 22, 2010
This week on the Confab: Valerie Jarrett and the Obama administration's black media outreach and the curious case of Ginni Thomas. Join The Root's senior editor, Teresa Wiltz, as she talks to staff reporter Cord Jefferson, associate editor Lauren Williams and contributor Sherrilyn Ifill.
October 16, 2010
A study shows that a large turnout by African Americans in the November elections could help President Obama keep control of Congress.
by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 11, 2010
With the midterm elections likely to be tight, the administration and the DNC turn to their most loyal voters.
by Perry Bacon Jr. onSeptember 15, 2010
Unfortunately, yes, but there are promising signs that the color of candidates could count for less in the future.
by Lenny McAllister onAugust 20, 2010
With Democrats holding Obama at arm's length, the timing of ethics charges against two leading black House Democrats should trigger black voters' concern about being taken for granted during the crucial midterm elections.
June 5, 2010
In trying to be post-racial, says Newsweek columnist Ellis Cose, the man who might have been Alabama's first black governor ignored his base. We can't all be Barack Obama.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods