by The Root DC onNovember 13, 2011
From The Root DC: Learning to understand a man who was among the first to integrate the Marines.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onNovember 11, 2011
Somber Veterans Day news from a new study.
by Jozen Cummings onNovember 9, 2011
In Double Victory, a documentary companion to the upcoming Red Tails film, Tuskegee Airmen tell their story.
by Erin E. Evans onNovember 9, 2011
From Red Tails to the toy aisle, images of the iconic World War II soldiers are everywhere.
by Lynette Holloway onNovember 9, 2011
Roscoe Brown, featured in a George Lucas documentary, shares his story with The Root.
September 1, 2011
A decorated Army veteran with a special connection to The Root family, he passed away Aug. 25 at age 75.
by Charles M. Blow onJuly 30, 2011
Charles Blow, in his New York Times column, writes about finding his own Captain America in his grandfather, who fought in World War II.
November 12, 2010
This week on The Confab: Join The Root's Washington reporter, Cord Jefferson, as he talks with Associate Editor Lauren Williams and contributing editor Harriette Cole about Katherine Jackson's comments about corporal punishment in the black community, Kanye West's mental health and black veterans.
November 9, 2010
Newly elected GOP congressman Allen West, an Iraq War veteran, feels that he fought in a just war. But some other prominent black vets don't exactly feel the same way about that conflict.
May 24, 2010
This Memorial Day, take a look at the way Hollywood has portrayed our heroes.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours