by Celeste Little onOctober 5, 2012
Tracy Morgan plays a relationship expert on 30 Rock. Plus: There's a dead body on Scandal.
by Genetta M. Adams onSeptember 14, 2011
It's slim pickings, for sure, but there are black actors and programs to look out for.
by Nsenga Burton onJuly 14, 2011
The academy recognizes three great actors in its 2011 nominations.
by John McWhorter onSeptember 7, 2010
All-black shows are still too rare in prime-time, but on any night you can find African-American actors playing rich, complex characters. That's progress, and we should acknowledge it.
by Nsenga Burton onSeptember 3, 2010
King pens a letter on the Huffington Post about the lack of color at the Emmys.
September 21, 2009
The 61st Primetime Emmys aired last night. And no, I'm not going to complain about the lack of black award winners or nominees. Well, maybe a little.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours