by Demetria L. Lucas onJanuary 8, 2013
The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas recounts at Essence.com some bizarre international travel experiences. She concludes that as African Americans, we need to do a better job managing our image worldwide.
by Jade O. Earle onJuly 5, 2012
From YMCAs to clubs, here are stops from the segregation-era travel guide that are still around.
by Dream Hampton onMay 14, 2012
Ebony contributing writer Dream Hampton recounts how the many trips she and her daughter have taken have molded them both.
by Kristi Riggs onSeptember 4, 2011
This former fishing village on Maryland's Eastern Shore is attracting a new wave of affluent blacks.
by David Swerdlick onAugust 18, 2011
And seven other things the president should do right now.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)