by Kellee Terrell onMay 15, 2012
A black transgender woman faces prison for killing her attacker. Her supporters call that a crime.
by Kellee Terrell onOctober 18, 2011
A recent report confirms that they face extreme discrimination and poverty.
by Deron Snyder onOctober 14, 2010
There's nothing unfair about Morehouse's dress code, but the furor surrounding a group of gay students at the school shows that many blacks have a long way to go toward accepting the LGBT community.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’
- Body Of Portland Woman Missing In Hawaii Found On Beach
- Check Out Barack ‘Barry’ Obama’s Prom Pics!