by Benjamin Todd Jealous onApril 11, 2013
Writing at the Huffington Post, NAACP President Benjamin Todd Jealous says the belief that African-American teenagers are inherently more likely to be criminals is ingrained in our society.
by Helena Andrews onNovember 9, 2012
In four short years, a girl can grow into a young woman, and a country can transform for the better.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onNovember 3, 2012
TV One's new series explores how family can be the problem and the solution for black boys at risk.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJune 8, 2012
Some news about solutions instead of problems: Researchers say the practice could help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead