by Eddie S. Glaude Jr. onMay 5, 2012
A blogger's screed is about politics, not scholarship, says a Princeton professor.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMay 3, 2012
There's a petition for the Chronicle of Higher Education to fire the author of a piece tearing down the entire discipline.
by Aleesa Mann onJuly 30, 2010
Of course black-studies programs flourish at historically black colleges and universities, right? Wrong.
October 6, 2009
Writer John McWhorter proposes a new plan for Black Studies departments. Novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie discusses the strained relationship between South Africans and Nigerians. And more lit-related news.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]