by Genetta M. Adams onFebruary 8, 2012
These African-American innovators transformed the way we live, play and eat.
by The HistoryMakers onSeptember 22, 2011
From The HistoryMakers series: A top African-American scientist recalls his path to success.
by Cynthia Gordy onAugust 24, 2011
By advancing science innovation, this federal official is helping black colleges compete.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 19, 2011
In today's link roundup: Racial disparities at the highest levels of science. Plus: A corporate lawyer who could be the next pro-boxing champ.
December 30, 2009
With all due respect to the late sages Benjamin Banneker and George Washington Carver, there are many noteworthy, contemporary black experts in science, technology, engineering and math-related sectors. In 2009, the following received promotions, recognition or awards for their achievements. Kudos to them all.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt