by Demetria L. Lucas onMarch 12, 2013
A film about African-American men seeking women fuels debate about the state of black relationships.
by Ebonie Johnson Cooper onMay 24, 2012
In a piece for Ebony, Ebonie Johnson Cooper asks whether the Clair-and-Cliff, Jada-and-Will and Barack-and-Michelle standard is actually getting in her way.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onFebruary 17, 2012
Black love shows up in many different ways in film.
by Abdul Ali onFebruary 14, 2010
There hasn’t been a great film about black romance since Love Jones.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods
- NBA’s Kevin Durant Donates $1 Million To Oklahoma Tornado Relief
- Man Sets Up Cameras In House To Find Ghosts, Catches Girlfriend Sexing Son
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Step-Dad Multiple Times