by Janelle Harris onMarch 1, 2013
Essence's Janelle Harris takes her turn slamming the all-too-common male armchair relationship expert -- and his advice to black women.
February 14, 2013
Black Love: Advice to stepparents for creating a united front.
February 12, 2013
Black Love: The Root talks to Divorce Court's Judge Lynn Toler about how to make marriage work.
by Panama Jackson onJanuary 25, 2013
Blackness is complicated and always will be, Very Smart Brothas' Panama Jackson says, so it's no surprise that the definition of "black love" isn't simple.
by Stacia L. Brown onJanuary 3, 2013
"Blerds" were all over the news in 2012. Clutch magazine's Stacia L. Brown provides a step-by-step guide for how to have a relationship with one.
December 6, 2012
Ask Demetria: Mistakes happen, but cheating is the worst way to kick off married life.
November 20, 2012
Writing at Essence, The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas says the "blame the woman" mantra is as dangerous as it is damaging -- in the Petraeus scandal and beyond.
by Kevin Carr onOctober 24, 2012
Don't be stubborn when it comes to love, Kevin Carr at Essence tells black women. He aims to shine a spotlight on the most-ignored types of Mr. Rights.
by Nathan Hale Williams onSeptember 22, 2012
Making sure he's "daddy material" should be a relationship requirement for women who want children, Nathan Hale Williams advises in his latest Essence column.
September 13, 2012
Ask Demetria: If you're thinking about getting back with an ex, give it some serious thought.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Blogging the Beltway: Allegations of nepotism could haunt Clinton on the presidential campaign trail.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook