May 3, 2013
Who's speaking out in support of the first woman on the FBI's Most Wanted Terrorists list?
by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onJune 19, 2012
In a piece for EmPower magazine, Dr. Ivory Toldson reflects on the effect his relationship with his own stepfather and with Tupac Shakur's had on his understanding of oppression and activism.
by Martin Johnson onOctober 6, 2011
The Black Power Mixtape 1967-1975 offers a different look at the era and its major figures.
by Dayo Olopade onApril 1, 2009
In tracing the arc of black history and politics, it is easy to draw the link between Dr. King and Barack Obama. But the black power movement deserves equal credit for reshaping the face of American politics.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt