September 21, 2010
Remembering Dr. Ronald Walters, the go-to expert for those writing about black politics.
by Brentin Mock onAugust 23, 2010
The levees weren't the only thing that broke down in the aftermath of Katrina. Black political leadership took a tumble, too.
April 9, 2010
In an excerpt from her new book, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Colorblindness, Michelle Alexander argues that prison has become the tool to minimize black political power.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A trending topic turns into an informative consciousness-raising session.
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Reports: Jennifer Hudson Returning To ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Michael Parson: Man Sentenced To 35-Years For Shooting Wife Eight Times
- Eric Holder Signed Off On Search Warrant For James Rosen E-Mails: NBC News
- Katherine Jackson Leaves Court In Tears During M.J. Civil Trial
- Detroit Freak Judge’s Ex-Lover Makes Fool Of Herself During TV Interview