May 2, 2013
Welcome to The Chatterati, our tool highlighting what's shared and talked about on the social network.
April 30, 2013
Twitter and Facebook users laughed, riffed and scratched their heads after the comedian's early-morning quip.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 18, 2011
This is the latest embarrassing example of social networking at its worst.
by Patrice J. Williams onJanuary 14, 2011
African Americans reportedly make up 25 percent of Twitter users, but the trending topics on any given day reflect hateful, stereotypical and misogynistic messages. Are we using our large social networking presence to do more harm than good?
by Sheree Crute onJune 1, 2010
A report that African Americans make up nearly 25 percent of Twitter users triggered doubt. It's probably true.
by Chris Wilson onSeptember 8, 2009
When you cancel plans when it’s raining? How this joke recently became one of the most popular topics on Twitter.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Ga. Woman Allegedly Stabs Stepdad Multiple Times
- Homeless Teen Graduates At Top Of Her High School Class
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.