by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 20, 2012
The actor and Clybourne Park producer hopes a play about race makes you laugh in an uncomfortable way.
by Lynette Holloway onApril 19, 2012
Rising childhood-obesity rates spur officials to restore physical education.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 16, 2012
This filmmaker says that BMI is meaningless and stress is making African Americans obese.
April 14, 2012
Join The Root, star athletes and others, for a solution.
by Rebecca Walker onFebruary 18, 2011
Right-wing muttering about the "nanny state" is merely propaganda aimed at the white middle class.
October 15, 2009
First lady Michelle Obama made a big speech addressing the matter at the Department of Health and Human Services this week. Her remarks—like her entire approach to food policy since moving to Washington—were casual, yet insistent, speaking not just to the federal employees but to all working families.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Sergio Garcia's insulting comment to Tiger Woods sparks a conversation on Twitter.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966
- Lil Scrappy: I’m Addicted To Weed!
- Black Conspiracy Theory 101: Did The White Author Of ‘Black Like Me’ Die From Skin-Darkening?
- Golfer Makes Fried Chicken Joke About Tiger Woods