by Lynette Holloway onAugust 8, 2012
With plenty of parks and a thriving food scene, the Windy City makes staying fit a breeze.
August 8, 2012
This author says black women can embrace their curves as long as they know their health stats, too.
by Hillary Crosley onJuly 30, 2012
From biking to vegan soul food, there's plenty going on in the Big Apple to supplement a healthy lifestyle.
July 25, 2012
The Root spoke to the tennis superstar about her off-court battle: fighting obesity in America.
July 19, 2012
Check out footage from The Root's Focus on Obesity event, held last week in Washington, D.C.
July 16, 2012
With panels and a keynote luncheon, we put a spotlight on black obesity at our recent event.
July 10, 2012
The celebrity doctor says we must realize that what's beautiful to us isn't always healthy.
July 9, 2012
White House official Sam Kass is among the policy and medical notables speaking on July 13 in D.C.
July 6, 2012
Essence Music Festival 2012: Watch Chaka Khan tell us about eating well and red-carpet fashion.
June 12, 2012
The Root spoke with the reggae heir about his campaign against genetically modified food.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A tech-marketing firm invites a new hire to join their team using social media.
Recent film exposes journalists' guilt. Plus: The Root's valued leader resigns.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Twitter Decides: Miguel Wins Billboard Awards With Fan Drop Kick! [VIDEO]
- Va. GOP Candidate: Planned Parenthood Worse Than KKK, Civil Rights Leaders Guilty Of Genocide
- Obama Morehouse Speech: President Talks Racism, Choices & ‘Excuses’ At 2013 Commencement [VIDEO]
- Authorities: Hofstra Student Was Killed By Police [VIDEO]
- Happy Birthday, El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz (Malcolm X)