by Ta-Nehisi Coates onAugust 5, 2011
Blogger Ta-Nehisi Coates of the Atlantic magazine uses satire to discuss saving black neighborhoods.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onAugust 2, 2011
A study shows that high-income blacks live in poorer neighborhoods than low-income whites.
April 8, 2011
A new government plan says that racial health problems involve more than access to doctors' offices -- the solutions start with us.
by Lynette Holloway onDecember 3, 2010
A new report says that blacks are less attached than other groups to the places where they live. How did it come to this?
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life