by Jenée Desmond-Harris onApril 28, 2011
In today's link roundup: We introduce seven black mayors who are never in the headlines, explore why people tend to get violent at McDonald's, check out candids from behind the scenes of Alicia Keys' breast cancer film and more.
March 23, 2011
The Newark mayor tells The Root, "I have an audience of over 1 million followers on Twitter -- that's bigger than my state's largest newspaper." In the latest installment of our Vine series, he talks with Omar Wasow about his building dynamic coalitions and managing his message in the digital age.
February 8, 2011
At President Obama's White house meeting with African-American public officials, details were slim -- and an agenda seemingly nonexistent.
by Brenda Payton onSeptember 30, 2010
It was once known as a black city, but shifting demographics are changing Oakland's complexion. The Root looks at who's really got the power now. Will Ron Dellums be the California city's last black mayor?
May 12, 2010
The margin of victory was tighter the second time around.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966