by Helena Andrews onApril 19, 2013
Why are people so obsessed with the state of Mr. and Mrs. Smith's relationship?
February 14, 2013
This Valentine's Day, there are many more couples to celebrate than the one in the White House.
February 14, 2013
Black Love: Advice to stepparents for creating a united front.
February 12, 2013
Black Love: The Root talks to Divorce Court's Judge Lynn Toler about how to make marriage work.
January 24, 2013
In today's link roundup: Authors of a new study seem to conclude that we get only one admirable black couple at a time. Plus: Pentagon to remove ban on women in combat.
September 20, 2012
Paul Carrick Brunson's OWN show premiered this week, but he's still dishing out day-to-day dating advice at Essence.
July 12, 2012
Ask Demetria: Got proof that a friend's hubby is trolling online for dates? Warn her tactfully.
August 18, 2011
Panic over single black women is unfounded. Two black scholars have the numbers to prove it.
by Nsenga Burton onMarch 25, 2011
The day aims to strengthen and promote marriage in the black community.
by Kellee Terrell onNovember 11, 2010
Why the conversation about love between black women and men needs a new focus.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours