by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onFebruary 17, 2012
Black love shows up in many different ways in film.
February 14, 2012
For Valentine's Day, you submitted pictures of your sweethearts. Check out the beautiful couples!
by The Root DC onAugust 30, 2011
From The Root DC: Don't dare call the Belle in Brooklyn blogger "the black Carrie Bradshaw."
by Patrice J. Williams onMarch 18, 2011
Disgruntled women and absent men dominate popular reality shows that focus on black people and love. They're just TV shows, but what statement do they make about our reality?
February 13, 2011
There's something majestic about seeing black love on-screen. Between Cliff and Clair's romantic moments on their couch and Dwayne Wayne squealing "Baby, please, please," there's plenty of love to go around this Valentine's Day.
by Kellee Terrell onFebruary 11, 2011
Wondering why your soul mate's so hard to find? Try looking in the mirror first, advise bloggers Damon Young and Panama Jackson, authors of Your Degrees Won't Keep You Warm at Night.
by Kellee Terrell onNovember 11, 2010
Why the conversation about love between black women and men needs a new focus.
by Katti Gray onApril 23, 2010
A Hampton University center focuses on improving the odds of a lasting relationship.
by Helena Andrews onApril 22, 2010
There's a fine line between ''superhero'' and ''villain.'' I should know. I've been both.
by Lakeia Brown onApril 21, 2010
Discussions about the difficulty of finding a mate never cease to draw a crowd. Tonight's version is on ABC.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack