March 3, 2010
The House Democrat steps aside (temporarily) as chairman of Ways & Means Committee
January 30, 2013
Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick picks William "Mo" Cowan to be interim U.S. senator, filling John Kerry's seat.
December 18, 2012
Five defining facts about the most powerful black politician not named Obama.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 11, 2012
More details emerge about the Illinois lawmaker's whereabouts, health and prognosis.
by Hillary Crosley onJune 25, 2012
Will Clyde Williams' presidential ties help him topple New York's longest-serving congressman?
June 7, 2012
In Part 2 of our Q&A, Artur Davis talks about ditching Obama and defining a new message for Republicans.
June 6, 2012
In Part 1 of our interview, the newly minted Republican addresses speculation on his big switch.
by Edmund Newton onMay 18, 2012
After funding primary upsets in both parties, a right-wing group is taking aim at the New York lawmaker.
by Rep. Karen Bass onApril 7, 2012
Your Take: Rep. Karen Bass ponders the late Rep. Donald Payne's work on a subcommittee they shared.
September 29, 2011
Amid a backlash for his tone with black folks, experts analyze his strange remarks.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours