January 11, 2013
As we count down to a second term, a look at his record on unemployment in our community.
by William Julius Wilson onJanuary 9, 2013
Scholar William Julius Wilson tells us what it will take for more blacks and the poor to have jobs.
September 20, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: We spoke with the White House and the Congressional Black Caucus leadership.
August 30, 2012
Blogging the Beltway: Jonathan Burks told us his candidate would make "no benefit cuts" to Medicare.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onAugust 18, 2012
A luminary-packed panel gathered by Henry Louis Gates Jr. shared insights in Martha's Vineyard.
by Lynette Holloway onJuly 8, 2012
An economic expert attributes much of the rise to more blacks seeking work -- in a tough job market.
by Farai Chideya onMay 14, 2012
The statistics we hear about don't give a full picture on jobs. That's good news and bad news.
by Hillary Crosley onMay 5, 2012
Some are skeptical, while others say those suspicions are unwarranted.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onFebruary 3, 2012
Strong U.S. job growth leads to a steep decline in black unemployment.
by Lynette Holloway onNovember 27, 2011
'Where do we stop?" the GOP presidential hopeful asked during an interview on CNN.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Porsha Stewart Locked Out By Husband Kordell?
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- UPDATE: 9-Year-Old Girl Who Went Missing After Oklahoma Tornado Found Dead
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today