by Stacy-Ann Ellis onOctober 5, 2012
The Root Recommends: A real-deal documentary debunking stereotypes about Africa's modern society.
by Brett Johnson onAugust 18, 2012
Whitney's longtime friend Debra Martin Chase says the remake is a perfect cap to the singer's legacy.
by Aisha I. Jefferson onAugust 17, 2012
The American Idol winner talks about how she lost the baby fat and what she learned from Houston.
by Scott T. Sterling onJuly 23, 2012
From 'Sparkle' to 'Idlewild,' we recall some great films that brought the music and the drama.
by Jade O. Earle onJuly 15, 2012
Filmmaker Justin Simien satirizes the awkwardness of blacks who are not black enough.
by Brett Johnson onJune 21, 2012
These must-see movies tackle a gamut of topics from Jamaica gang life to our soul food addiction.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onMarch 20, 2012
Twenty-five years after Hollywood Shuffle took on the treatment of black actors, has much changed?
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onFebruary 17, 2012
Black love shows up in many different ways in film.
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onJanuary 11, 2012
He admits that Red Tails puts the black film community at risk.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 30, 2011
The African-American Film Critics Association's Gil Robertson IV aims to herald high-quality black cinema.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The "no shame in my game" judge gets put on trial for misconduct.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Panel: Apple Uses Firms Outside U.S. To Avoid Taxes
- Chokwe Lumumba: Former Lawyer For Tupac & Assata Shakur Wins Jackson, Miss. Mayoral Primary Race
- Teachers Credited With Saving Students In Okla.
- Chief Keef Arrested On Weed Possession Charge
- GOP Strategist Raynard Jackson Challenges President Obama, ‘Black Elite’ [OPINION]