by Helena Andrews onAugust 15, 2012
In TLC's show, a white kid makes black stereotypical slang her own. That may not be a bad thing.
by Demetria L. Lucas onJuly 19, 2012
In her Essence column, The Root's contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas weighs in on the "Sorry, I'm not an Angry Black Woman" phenomenon.
by Shayla Pierce onJuly 17, 2012
"Sorry to disappoint" is Clutch magazine writer Shayla Pierce's message to those who expect her to be sassy or combative.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onJanuary 16, 2012
Octavia Spencer's Golden Globe win for The Help shows that Hollywood continues to celebrate problematic images of black women.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onJanuary 12, 2012
The impact of stereotypical images of black women is felt worldwide.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 28, 2011
Spoof of "S--t Girls Will Say" video doesn't go over too well with African-American women.
by Nsenga Burton onMay 23, 2011
Solomon says the New York press has reconfigured the alleged victim of a sexual assault by Dominique Strauss-Kahn as an AIDS predator.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 11, 2010
BV Money's Gina McCauley wonders aloud about forming a matriarchal society.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onOctober 18, 2010
The stereotype of a gold-digging, castrating black woman meets CGI to create a video that has many talking.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]