by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onMay 21, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: Graduation speakers often opt for tough love. Here's what they should say instead.
by Marc H. Morial onJanuary 17, 2013
Black Leaders on Education: But, the Urban League's chief asks, are we willing to invest in our kids?
by Michael Lomax onJanuary 16, 2013
Black Leaders on Education: UNCF's chief notes today's freedom struggle, 150 years after slavery.
November 30, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Why metal detectors in black schools can do more harm than good.
by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onOctober 22, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Do black kids have problems in schools because so few teachers look like them?
August 17, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Here's why standardized tests don't tell the whole story.
July 19, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Our series with the Journal of Negro Education shows that the news isn't all bad.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The singer constantly pushes the envelope with the pictures she shares, but is it all a gimmick?
Joshua Hornsby's daughter Ja'Nae, who was 9 years old, was among seven people found dead on Monday.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Chief Keef Threatens To ‘Slap The Sh*t’ Out Of Katy Perry
- Morgan Freeman Goes To Sleep During TV Interview [VIDEO]
- 12-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Being Cyberbullied By Classmates
- Gunman Shoots Up Strip Club With AK-47 After DJ Refuses To Play Song
- No Surprise: Some GOP Foaming At Mouth For Obama Impeachment Amid ‘Scandals’