by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onMarch 7, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: More on the falsehood and how it's caused a missed opportunity to solve real issues.
February 1, 2013
This week on The Confab: Join Staff Writer Jenée Desmond-Harris and Assistant Editor Akoto Ofori-Atta as they chat with NPR's Gene Demby and Diverse Issues in Higher Education's Autumn Arnett about black academic achievement, gun control and the "racist" Volkswagen Super Bowl ad.
January 30, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: Why the academic achievement gap is not rooted in black anti-intellectualism.
November 30, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Why metal detectors in black schools can do more harm than good.
by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onOctober 22, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Do black kids have problems in schools because so few teachers look like them?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 7, 2012
A new report busts myths about African-American men and education.
July 19, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Our series with the Journal of Negro Education shows that the news isn't all bad.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt