by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onMarch 7, 2013
Show Me the Numbers: More on the falsehood and how it's caused a missed opportunity to solve real issues.
by Marc H. Morial onJanuary 17, 2013
Black Leaders on Education: But, the Urban League's chief asks, are we willing to invest in our kids?
by Michael Lomax onJanuary 16, 2013
Black Leaders on Education: UNCF's chief notes today's freedom struggle, 150 years after slavery.
by Benjamin Todd Jealous onJanuary 16, 2013
Black Leaders on Education: How the NAACP's president proposes closing the racial gap in education.
by Ivory A. Toldson, Ph.D. onOctober 22, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Do black kids have problems in schools because so few teachers look like them?
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 7, 2012
A new report busts myths about African-American men and education.
August 17, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Here's why standardized tests don't tell the whole story.
July 19, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Our series with the Journal of Negro Education shows that the news isn't all bad.
by R. L'Heureux Lewis onDecember 23, 2011
Instead of offering bootstraps to poor black kids, demand true school reform and alleviate poverty.
by Lynette Holloway onSeptember 3, 2011
The parole board says that Kelley Williams-Bolar should not be pardoned for using her father's address to send her children to a neighboring school district.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Activists Cornel West And Carl Dix Hold Mass Incarceration Dialogue In N.Y.C.
- Detroit Mom Says 4 Women Attacked Her In Front Of Her Children
- 9-Year-Old Girl Among Children Missing After Oklahoma Tornado
- Christopher ‘Notorious B.I.G.’ Wallace Would Have Been 41 Today
- Teens Allegedly Post Taped Rape Of 12-Year-Old Girl On Facebook