by Michael Lomax onFebruary 28, 2013
Ask Dr. Lomax: It's not just about getting in but about getting that degree. These programs help.
July 19, 2012
Show Me the Numbers: Our series with the Journal of Negro Education shows that the news isn't all bad.
by Michael Lomax onAugust 18, 2010
The first year of college is the riskiest for African Americans; one out of two black freshmen this year will not finish. UNCF president Michael Lomax points out ways that parents can help their kids overcome the pitfalls.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
Her Bowie State speech could hint at a change of heart in the White House.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours