by Desiree Hunter onOctober 28, 2011
But younger black students are more motivated about school than their white classmates, says a new study.
by Dara Sharif onJune 24, 2011
Nation is younger and browner and increasingly being raised by unmarried moms, census data show.
by Nsenga Burton onMarch 2, 2011
The charges against a North Carolina man who shouted racial slurs before shooting two children don't match the alleged crime.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 15, 2010
Just after replacing the controversial Michelle Rhee, the interim chief of D.C. Public Schools shared her thoughts with The Root about the fate of fired teachers, reaching out to black parents and Waiting for Superman.
by Lauren Williams onOctober 13, 2010
Children's show creates hair anthem for young black girls.
June 20, 2009
Some black men have no biological children, but have been fathers nonetheless. We love them for that.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
As the ousted chief becomes the face of the flap, keep these facts in mind.
Six citizens were sentenced to one year for their "insulting" tweets.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Kiera Wilmot: NASA Engineer Awards Fla. Teen Scholarship To Space Academy
- Mourners Gather In Oakland To Remember Malcolm Shabazz
- 13 People Shot In Detroit Within 24-Hour Period
- 20 To 25 Injured As Conn. Commuter Trains Collide
- Murder Suspect, 20, Allegedly Admits To Killing Teen Because She Refused Abortion