by Neela Banerjee onAugust 22, 2010
Despite their strong influence over the culture and celebratory spirit of New Orleans, blacks still cling to the lower rungs of the city's narrow, often wobbly economic ladder. Here's why.
by Brett Johnson onJanuary 24, 2013
The Shadow League, an online magazine from former ESPN exec Keith Clinkscales, brokers a new deal.
by Frank McCoy onSeptember 2, 2011
The Bottom Line: Several make the Inc. list of surging companies, Inner City on the ropes and more business news.
by Frank McCoy onAugust 26, 2011
From The Bottom Line: Reaction to research disparity, plus cool condoms, new Chicago biz mag and other business news.
June 6, 2011
In a first-of-its-kind conference, Obama administration officials say that increased support for urban entrepreneurs is a solid solution for job growth.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 30, 2010
Stylists must adapt their skills and services.
May 20, 2010
Let's just say the board at Dark & Lovely can only hope to get that half right.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music
- Face2FaceAfrica Honors Distinguished Africans At 2nd Annual F.A.C.E. List Awards
- No Trace Of North Carolina Family Man Missing Since 2010