by Cord Jefferson onMay 19, 2012
Other blacks often look at black atheists or agnostics as alien or pitiable, despite their growing numbers, Cord Jefferson writes in an enlightening blog entry at Gawker.
February 8, 2012
A billboard campaign by a group that blames religion for problems in the African-American community is causing controversy.
by Tommie Shelby onDecember 8, 2011
Many mistake this nonbeliever for a lapsed Christian. Here's what they don't understand.
December 6, 2011
When it comes to faith, this Princeton professor says that African Americans have always been complex.
December 5, 2011
This Muslim scholar says that we can all claim an "African-American civil religion."
December 4, 2011
Religiosity "kills your brain cells," according to this radio host.
December 3, 2011
The founder of Howard University's secular-student organization says that the resources dedicated to religion could be put to better use.
December 2, 2011
The director of development at American Atheists says that the hypocrisy is thick when it comes to blacks, religion and tolerance.
December 1, 2011
The Rice University professor says we're better off without a cosmic security blanket.
by Nsenga Burton onNovember 28, 2011
Not all black people believe in God.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
Will Eric Holder consult journalists of color during the Justice Department's review?
These tweets will make you laugh -- and question the American educational system.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Being The Change: Philadelphia Grandmother Earns Culinary Degree, Credits Obama With Motivation
- Parents Talk Leaving Chicago In Wake Of Mass School Closings
- Georgia Shoplifting Mom Runs Over 4-Year-Old Son, Child In Critical Condition
- D’aja Robinson: Suspect Questioned, Released In Shooting Death Of Queens, N.Y. Teen
- Ex-Bush Senior Adviser’s Son Accused Of Killing Man With Hatchet [VIDEO]