by Lynette Holloway onMay 14, 2013
During a recent talk at Harvard, the former CNN anchor charged that whites are afraid to deal with the nation's black-white division.
December 12, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join Associate Editor Brett Johnson as he chats with staff writer and White House correspondent Jenée Desmond-Harris, contributor Gene Demby and PR exec Rachel Noerdlinger about CNN's special on colorism in the black community.
by Tracey Ross onDecember 12, 2012
Writer Tracey Ross, who says she's had her racial identity questioned because of everything from her hair to her interest in Buddhism, argues in a piece for Ebony that skepticism about her blackness reveals a misunderstanding of the forces that have shaped it.
by Hillary Crosley onDecember 9, 2012
On CNN's "Black in America," Yaba Blay discusses multiethnic identities.
by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 21, 2010
In this third installment of her Black in America documentary series on CNN, Soledad O'Brien turns her attention to a New Jersey congregation whose minister has focused on this new American scourge.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966