by Michael E. Ross onDecember 15, 2012
We spoke with Naseemah Mohamed, who in 2013 will follow in her sister's footsteps as an awardee.
by Sheryl Huggins Salomon onSeptember 20, 2012
From Melissa Harris-Perry to LeBron James to Benjamin Crump, these people are shaping the future.
February 1, 2012
From a jewelry designer to a Rhodes scholar, these 25 budding innovators, ages 16 to 22, are changing the world in their own unique ways.
October 5, 2011
These young black achievers and influencers represent the ideals of The Root. Click on the thumbnails to learn more.
by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 4, 2011
This year we took a fresh approach to compiling our annual list of young influencers and iconoclasts.
by Joel Dreyfuss onOctober 11, 2010
The Root unveils its latest list of young African-American pace setters and game changers. LeBron and Wyclef made the list this year; so did Ayanna and Kendrick. Find out who else.
October 8, 2010
Celeb Social: Check out the first in a weekly series dedicated to stars' social media accounts.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- James Helps Heat Stave Off Elimination In Game 6 [VIDEO]
- Serena Williams On Steubenville Rape: ‘Boys Did Something Stupid, But…Maybe She Wasn’t A Virgin’
- House Passes Far-Reaching Anti-Abortion Bill
- Dark Girls: Documentary About Dark-Skinned Women To Air On OWN Network
- Jay-Z-Samsung Deal Shows New Ways To Promote Music