by Uptown Magazine onMarch 21, 2013
by Jenée Desmond-Harris onSeptember 26, 2012
Forget the phrase "big-boned" and focus on daily fuel goals, says the Biggest Loser winner.
by Jade O. Earle onJuly 24, 2012
In the wake of the Aurora, Colo., shooting, the rapper says that he does not agree with amending gun laws.
by Nsenga K. Burton, Ph.D. onJuly 16, 2012
On Friday, attendees shared unique insights about promoting healthy eating to the black community.
by Marcus Samuelsson onJuly 3, 2012
Yes, Chef author Marcus Samuelsson, adopted from Ethiopia by Swedish parents, writes in a piece for the Huffington Post that his childhood was great, but he wonders whether families like his will ever become the norm -- or at least less of a spectacle.
by Shahida Muhammad onJune 14, 2012
Ebony contributor Shahida Muhammad argues that the "politically correct" term doesn't say enough to be useful.
by Jamilah Lemieux onMay 10, 2012
In a piece for Ebony, Jamilah Lemieux says the public suggestions that black people are all the same when it comes to weight, sexuality, marriage or anything else have got to stop.
by Demetria L. Lucas onApril 12, 2012
In a personal essay at Clutch magazine, The Root contributing editor Demetria L. Lucas reflects upon the way her Americanness made her stick out in South Africa.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 10, 2011
The trailblazer died from a rare form of cancer.
by Claudio E. Cabrera onDecember 5, 2011
VIDEO: Detroit residents, police and the FBI join the search for Bianca Jones.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The agency's missteps give the GOP a new way to fight the Affordable Care Act.
A study measures which countries share the most information online, with surprising results.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Precious Allen: Cincinnati Mother Accused Of Assaulting Daughter’s Classmate Sues School, Police
- Jay-Z On Beyonce Pregnancy Rumors: ‘It’s Not True’
- Huge Tornado Hits Oklahoma City Suburb, Kills 51
- Cali Doc Sentenced To 14 Years Prison Time Over Cancer Cure Scam
- Politicians Fume Over Bronx ‘Ghetto’ Bus Tours