May 8, 2012
Tonight, ABC's Nightline will profile Ephren Taylor, accused of swindling money from African-American churchgoers.
by Dr. Boyce Watkins onFebruary 5, 2012
After the apparent coronation of Eddie Long, Your Black World blogger Dr. Boyce Watkins considers the impact it will have on the lives of his ex-wife, his congregation and the young men who accused him of molestation.
February 3, 2012
The idea of the embattled preacher being wrapped in a Torah is deemed "horrifying."
by Claudio E. Cabrera onFebruary 1, 2012
A visiting speaker crowns Eddie Long a king as four men parade him around the altar.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 5, 2011
The merry-go-round continues.
by Lynette Holloway onDecember 3, 2011
Vanessa Long filed and then withdrew her petition on Friday, but her attorney says that the divorce is back on.
December 2, 2011
She prayed (again) and changed her mind about the divorce.
by Nsenga Burton onDecember 2, 2011
One half of the power couple has had enough.
by A. Scott Walton onAugust 25, 2011
Despite reaching an out-of-court settlement, they give a TV interview and plan a memoir.
August 16, 2011
Despite controversy at home, a South African audience gives his message rave reviews.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
A recent study shows that Facebook is being abandoned in large numbers.
His Morehouse gradation speech reignited the debate over his posture toward blacks.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- 4 Americans Killed Since 2009 In US Drone Strikes
- Pope Francis: God Redeems Atheists For ‘Good Works,’ Christians Must Accept Non-Believers
- Funeral Program For Malcolm Shabazz Released
- Man Brutally Murdered In London, Possible Terror Attack
- Bill Cosby Becomes 1st Black Emmy Award Winner On This Day In 1966