December 12, 2012
This week on The Confab: Join Associate Editor Brett Johnson as he chats with staff writer and White House correspondent Jenée Desmond-Harris, contributor Gene Demby and PR exec Rachel Noerdlinger about CNN's special on colorism in the black community.
by Tracey Ross onDecember 12, 2012
Writer Tracey Ross, who says she's had her racial identity questioned because of everything from her hair to her interest in Buddhism, argues in a piece for Ebony that skepticism about her blackness reveals a misunderstanding of the forces that have shaped it.
by John McWhorter onFebruary 1, 2011
As black people, we can finally get away from the racist "one drop of blood" rule and celebrate our diversity.
by Aviva Dove-Viebahn onSeptember 7, 2010
I don't want to pass for white -- or straight. But I do. Every day.
- Most Popular
- Most Shared
The former baseball star posted the personal information of a woman he's charged with assaulting.
By pleading the Fifth, the person at the scandal's center didn't quell the uproar.
The Chatterati Newsletter Sign Up
The Root DC
- Axel F, D.C.’s classic soul party, to return to the Howard Theatre
- Why I chose to attend a historically black college- as a white person
- Historically black colleges are seeing an increase in white students
- Doing away with food deserts in the District
- State of Equality and Justice in America: The Presumption of Guilt
- Kordell Stewart Denies Claims That He Locked Porsha Out Of Home
- Parent Locked Out Of Spelman Graduation Vows To Stop Support
- Michael Adebolajo Named As Suspect In London Terrorist Attack
- The Sad Truth: Why Kiera Wilmot’s Case Isn’t Over
- Cleveland Eateries Promise Charles Ramsey Free Burgers For Life